Dear MCC Families,
We are reaching out because you have likely been hearing concerning reports in the news regarding the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Mason County Central Schools and the West Shore Educational Service District (WSESD) is in close communication with the District Health Department #10, and will continue to follow their guidance and recommendations regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. At this time, there are no confirmed or suspected cases in Michigan, and the risk for COVID-19 remains low for our area.
We want to remind our school community that the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 are the same as preventing the cold and flu, and include:
● Frequently washing your hands with soap and water.
● Covering your mouth when you sneeze or cough.
● Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
● Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
● Staying home when you are sick.
● The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) does not recommend the use of facemasks for the general public.
The safety, health, and well-being of our students, staff and school community will, as always, continue to be our priority. We will continue monitoring the development of COVID-19 and plan accordingly in partnership with local, state, and federal health and government officials. Also if you would be willing to donate any tissues, disinfecting wipes or hand-sanitizer for your child’s classrooms, we would great appreciate it.
The Michigan Department of Human and Health Services has provided information on their MDHHS Fact Sheet. If you would like to learn more about COVID-19, please visit www.michigan.gov/coronavirus or www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call your healthcare provider or District Health Department #10
We wish you the best of health.