Supplemental Insurance Info
The Mason County Central School district does not provide any type of health or accident insurance for injuries incurred by your child at school.
As a service to students and their families, our school has made available a student accident insurance plan for your child at a very nominal cost.The district offers this program because of trends in rising family health and dental insurance costs, increased deductibles, co-payment, or lack of health health or dental insurance coverage.
REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS COVERAGE:
1. Deductible and co-pays in your health plan. Many health plans have increased the amount of out-of-pocket expenses.
2. No insurance.
This plan will provide benefits for medical expenses incurred because of an accident. If you have other insurance, benefits can be applied to your deductible or co-pays.
If you have no other insurance, this will become your primary accident plan.
Mason County Central families wishing to purchase supplemental insurance can do so by visiting www.1stagency.com. There are multiple options available to purchase.
MASON COUNTY CENTRAL SCHOOLS INSURANCE POLICY SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES COVERAGE FOR ATHLETICS.
Sports Physicals for 2018 / 2019
All students wishing to participate in Middle School or High School athletics during the 2018/2019 school must have a physical on file dated on or after April 15, 2018 per Michigan High School Athletic Association. Any questions you can contact the Athletic Department @ 231.757.4748.
We will NOT have the traditional $10 physical offered to student-athletes this spring for the 2016/17 school year. Unfortunately, it has become too big of a liability for the medical community to continue this practice in the school.
- We do have an agreement with Dr. Michelle Kuster of All Access Care in Ludington to offer a $30 physical for MCC student-athletes
- Families simply have to do the following: Go to www.all-access-care.com
- Click on the BLUE appointment tab and make an appointment
- When the family arrives for the appointment, simply announce that you are there for an MCC sports physical
- Dr. Kuster will email the completed physical card to MCC.
- All Access Care does NOT accept insurance
- All physicals for the 2018/19 school year must be dated April 15, 2018 or later