October 21, 2020
Dear School Community,
As noted on our COVID-19 Dashboard the morning of October 21, 2020 we learned about at least one School Associated Case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person at Mason County Central Upper Elementary. Cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed location has been completed.
Mason County Central Upper Elementary will remain Open at this time. We are working closely with District Health Department #10 to identify Close Contacts of School Associated Cases of COVID-19. Anyone identified as a Close Contact will be notified by the health department as a part of the COVID-19 investigation process. Please answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) while in public places or if people who do not live with you must visit your home.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart).
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol).
- Follow capacity restrictionsof social gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact District Health Department #10 at 231-845-7381. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/coronavirus.